Web Administration
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LeDonna's Challenge

+3
Kemesha Tobin-Dunn
Peter_Laing
Admin
7 posters

Go down

LeDonna's Challenge Empty LeDonna's Challenge

Post by Admin Fri Sep 16, 2016 4:42 pm

LeDonna wants to make her completed Web site available to users on the World Wide Web. What methods can she use to host her Web site?

Which would you recommend as the professional in charge of the development?

What Technology would you use to implement this solution?

Admin
Admin

https://webadmin.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

LeDonna's Challenge Empty Re: LeDonna's Challenge

Post by Peter_Laing Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:42 pm

Methods Le Donna can use are by using a Hosted Services such as Wordpress, she can also do self Hosting or shared hosting among other options.
As the professional i would recommend would be Hosted Service advantages of this are its simple to setup and she gets optimum

There are multiply solutions for this but what I would recommend she use are Oracle or wordpress.

Peter_Laing

Back to top Go down

Post by Kemesha Tobin-Dunn Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:03 pm

1. LeDonna can host her website via hosted service, self host or shared hosting.
Hosted service - There are so many hosted services on the Internet including wordpress.com etc.
Self hosting - Allows LeDonna the possibility to host her own website at home, via her own Internet connection.
Shared hosting - Allows LeDonna to share a hosting server with thousands of other websites that are also stored on the same computer. She will also have access to free or budget options.

2. As the professional, I would recommend the hosted version for LeDonna. It is simple to set up and get started. Generally good speeds as the company is specialized and good at what they do. It would even prove to be more reliable than the other options.

3. This can be done via the Internet. All LeDonna would need is to acquire a domain from the provider.

Kemesha Tobin-Dunn

Back to top Go down

Post by Régis N’Dalla Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:14 pm

Methods LeDonna can use are hosting services or a CMS (Content Management System).

Depending on the type or kind of website, my final recommendation will differ. If her Web site will be pretty much static and will not really have much user interaction - other than viewing content - then I would recommend going with a hosting service. If the website however, will need to have content being frequently updated or changed, I would recommend a CMS.

To implement these solutions, these are the technologies I would use:
- Hosting Service: Host Gator or Blue Host
- CMS: Oracle and Wordpress

Régis N’Dalla

Back to top Go down

Post by Ramon Kellier Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:14 pm

1. Two methods in which she could use are Hosted Services such as wordpress or she could self host her website.
2. As a professional I would recommend hosting the website through a hosted service because it's easy to set up and get started.
3. To implement this I would use wordpress.

Ramon Kellier

Back to top Go down

Post by Damion_Robertson46 Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:47 pm

She could use a paid hosting service, like hostgator or Godaddy, where she has all the tools to easily manage her website.

As a professional i would recommend that she buys her own domain and deploy and maintain her website using IIS.

Damion_Robertson46

Back to top Go down

LeDonna's Challenge Empty LeDonna's Challenge

Post by sydney99 Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:27 pm

Le Donna's can host her website by via hosted website like word press or she can a self host website or a paid host service.

sydney99

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum